Waiting for an Answer from God

I think God always make us learn a lesson of some sort through everything. I had had to learn that sometimes is not going to deliver the way I am expecting. But I should always be on the lookout to find him in everything.

I have been praying to God about what I should do regarding a decision that I have to make. I have been expecting God to give me an answer about this decision, but the answer did not come to me how I expected. As I was praying to God I continuously said, "if it is in your will for my life Father God". Because even though I may want something very much that doesn't mean that God wants that for me.

So, while I was waiting for God to answer me, things just started to unfold in my life pertaining this decision. I thought it was a yes, I thought it was a no, and sometimes I was just blatantly confused. 

But know I know it is a yes from God, because what I was asking God for is currently happening! So, I want to share with you guys what I did while I waited for the answer from God and encourage all of you to be still in the wait.

I Prayed 

James 5:13 "Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises."

I Praised Him

Give God thanks. I have come to see that sometimes when life is not going how I would prefer I still have so much to be grateful for.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Don't worry about anything; Instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all that He has done."

Read & Obey His Word

 It is important to know that reading God's word is a MUST!

His word, the bible, is a book of instructions that we need to read daily to feed our spirit (getting the word in us) and we need to do what his word says so we can produce the fruit of the spirit. 

James 1:22-25 "But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in the mirror. You see yourself, walk away and forget what you look like."

Just those three things alone give you the power to remain on your feet and endure through trial. 

We tend to let our feelings drive us, but we should let our faith in God and His word drive us instead.

God hears our prayers and our requests, so trust that he will answer you. 

No Matter What Happens, God is Good

Sometimes God says no, but remember Romans 8:28 

I pray that this post blesses someone today. I love you all. Stay in Christ Jesus, we got this!


Comments